Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Flat Stanley - A variation on a theme....




A very close and dear family moved away to Virginia a few years ago.  One day I got a great surprise when I went to my mailbox - I received a letter from Avery - their 5 year old at the time.  When I opened the envelope I found a letter asking me to write a story of my travel's with Flat Avery.  A small paper cutout of Flat Avery jumped out and we started on our journey!  I wanted us to do something new and different - not your typical Flat Stanley written story - so I decided to create a digital storytelling project.  


I started by using Whiteboard software and Google Earth and showed maps where Flat Avery lives and where I live, and recorded the process using Jing.
 


I scanned Flat Avery into my computer and we took a digital journey!  I used Adobe Premiere Photoshop software to put Flat Avery into fun scenes and pics.  The final project was produced by pulling in the files into Adobe Premiere Elements - I narrated my story - posted on Youtube - it was alot of fun and a big hit in Avery's kindergarten class.  Maybe next time you get a Flat Stanley in the mail, think about creating a digital project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment