140 Characters - can change the world!
Twitter is a great tool for educators to use in developing their professional learning network (PLN). Follow experts in the field, organizations, a 24 hour a day stream of ideas, collaborations, experiences, and sharing of resources. Twitter promotes global thinking!
Consider setting up separate Twitter handles - Professional, Classroom, Personal accounts
To get Started:
- Go to www.twitter.com
- Select Sign-up or Sign-in
- Follow onscreen directions to setup your Twitter ID (Handle)
ex: My twitter handle is @ittechcafe
- Setup your profile, add a professional picture, and explore
#1: Follow Others:
Select people to follow - look at who they follow - read their bios and follow other educators.
Find teachers you know - and see who they follow
Follow famous people in your field:
- @Coolcatteacher - Vicki Davis
- @KSUITEC - KSU Instructional Technology Department
- Top Twitter Accounts for Social Studies Teachers
50 Essential Twitter Feeds for STEM Educators
20 Top Tweeters for Math Teachers
10 top Twitter Accounts for Education Technology
- Look at Hashtags in tweets, from those you follow on their profile
- Search for Education - look for # in tweets
- Check out the Official Education Chat List, The Complete Guide for Twitter Hashtags for Education, 100 Education Hashtags for Teachers and ED Leaders, and search Google for Education Hashtags
Pre-service Teachers - #pstpln
P.E & Health:
#3: Get Engaged and Tweet - include twitter handles and/or hashtags for others to find you.
I am looking for other educators to share ideas on integrating technology into the classroom. #edchat #edtech @KSUITEC
- Abbreviations to note:
Ts - Teachers
Ss - Students
Ps - Parents
Goo.gl - link shortener (save those charachters!)
- Twitter Chats - search for chats - join in on the conversation! Chat Meetings: check list for day and time!
Ex: #EdTechChat - Mondays at 8PM EST - Host leads by asking questions. You look for Questions (Ex: Q1.) and can tweet an answer starting with: A1.
Q/A - Questions and Answers
Q1. - Question 1 in a chat
A1. - Answer 1 in a chat
Padlet - share your Twitter Handle
Monday 2PM - ITEC 3100
Tues 3PM - ITEC 3300
Tues 3PM - ITEC 3300
Wed 9 AM - ITEC 3100
Wed 2 PM - ITEC 3100