Tuesday, January 14, 2014

KSU Bagwell College of Education K-12 Blended & Online Learning MOOC - Accessing via iPad




I am so proud to work with Dr. Anissa Lokey-Vega and Jordan Cameron in the Bagwell College of Education at Kennesaw State University!  Along with others at KSU, they have created a incredible free online learning opportunity for educators around the world.   The K-12 Blended & Online Learning MOOC began last week and over 4,000 Educators signed up and and began the MOOC on January 6th.

The MOOC is offered via the Coursera.org website.  I have accessed the Coursera site from my desktop, laptop, and iPad.  There have been a few challenges with the iPad, I am running the most current iOS, and when accessing www.coursera.org via the Safari browser I am not able to play the videos.  I installed the Coursera app, found the videos play beautifully, however I seem to be limited in access and can not get to the Discussion Forums.  So as a technologist I looked for options to access the all components in the MOOC and have found a couple of options:

1.  Install the Coursistant app - this app will allow you to login to Coursera, view all videos, gives you the capability to download videos, and has a built in link that launches the Coursera website in Safari.  I have been viewing the videos via this app, then click on the link to go to the full website where I can post in the Discussion Forums, and take the quizes.  This allows me to view and post everything required in the MOOC.

2.  Install the Puffin browser -  I have been able to get full functionality of the Coursera website via the Puffin browser, to include watch the videos, however you may experience a delay in the audio.  This is a minor inconvenience however.

It's not to late to sign-up, go to the link above and register and get started today.  If you have any other ideas for accessing the MOOC on your iPad, Droid, or iPhone, feel free to share here or on the Twitter feed at #ksuitecmooc



1 comment: